Who Can Join?
There are general requirements for Circle K membership: willingness to serve, commitment to humankind, and dedication and adherence to the ideals of the organization.
Members are not obligated to a certain amount of participation time. Each member contributes what time they have and help with whatever activities they are available for.
YOU determine how much you want to do for the community. We'll give you all the information and tools - the rest is up to you.
It is encouraged - HIGHLY - that all members attend the meetings so that you will be up to date on all the clubs activities and also because we value each members input.
Benefits of Joining
1. Campus and Community Service - Because of CKI's rich history of helping others, members of CKI clubs share in the tradition of serving their campuses and communities. CKI members, by planning and participating in projects and activities, volunteer their time, talents, ideas and skills for the purpose of making a long-lasting and far-reaching impact on their environment.
2. Leadership Development - Through the CKI structure, every Circle K'er has the unique opportunity to develop leadership skills by serving as an officer or committee chair. Whether it be serving as a club project chair, district officer or international officer, each member has the opportunity to discover and develop talents and skills.
3. Professional Development - Involvement in Circle K will allow college students to apply what they learn in the classroom to everyday situations. The skills that are developed and the opportunities experienced through involvement in Circle K will increase a student's employability after college. Furthermore, Circle K's connection to Kiwanis promotes career networking between collegians and professionals.
4. Friendship - Because CKI is organized on more than 500 college and university campuses in nine countries, members have the unique opportunity to become friends with collegians throughout North America. Attendance at divisional, district, and international conferences and conventions provides members the special chance to learn of diverse perspectives, make new friends all over North America, share ideas and concerns, and travel.
5. Scholarship Opportunities - Through the generous efforts of the Kiwanis International Foundation and Kiwanians in the thirty districts of CKI, up to thirty $1,000 scholarships (one per district), are made available to CKI members. At the International Convention, additional scholarships are presented to Circle K'ers who have demonstrated outstanding leadership, service, and scholarship.